Thursday, August 2, 2007

Little bits of this and that

So my package from Amazon arrived yesterday! Oh, how I love packages...I ordered these two books: "The Skinny- How to fit into your little black dress forever" and "Bend-the-Rules Sewing". Both came highly recommended. Every Thursday, I weigh in and report via e-mail to a group of girls, one of whom is my sister. We are all trying to lose baby weight as we've all had babies in the last couple of months. It's nice to have the accountability and fun to e-mail back and forth. I haven't reported in yet today, but I did lose 1 pound this week! A couple of the girls are reading "The Skinny" and really like it so I'm excited to read it. As for the sewing book, I've been wanting to find some fun projects to do lately when I have a little time during nap times, so this will hopefully give me some fun, easy ideas. The author, Amy Karol, has a blog called Angry Chicken that I like to read sometimes about all sorts of crafty things. So check back in a couple months and hopefully I'll be skinny and crafty! These are some of my latest attempts at craftiness. I saw a tutorial about making refrigerator magnets out of paper and those glass marbles that you use for decorating with candles or whatever so I've been making some of those for gifts for people. They are super easy and pretty cute. Sorry the picture is sort of blurry, but you get the idea.
And this was only the beginning of the mess that I had to clean up after lunch yesterday. Sometimes I seriously think it would just be easier to put him in the bathtub after each meal. He was eating lasagna and apparently he liked it so much, he thought his whole face and head would like to try it. Jackson is a bundle of energy these days and he is saying his first word, "Hi!". Todd and I would argue about whether he would say "mama" or "dada" first, but he picked a nice neutral word so everyone's happy. He likes to say hi to everyone-the dog, the mailman, random people driving by...he's very friendly!



2 comments:

tangerinetree said...

Love the book recommendations, the project and the lasagna! Very cute.

I have decided to give my boobs a break on the 6 months and 0 days mark--coming up soon. I have also resolved to start my "no, I am not pregnant,but thanks" diet on that date as well (well, maybe after long-awaited glass of wine). I'll have to get that book reserved at the library for the big day...thanks for the recommendation!

Love and miss you!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

too funny...crafty and skinny. I need a book titled the motivation on reading a book to read a book to become skinny. Seriously, you would think that after almost 2 years of giving birth that I would have lost the baby weight, but my excuse is that at some point I will probably get pregnant again so I will just wait until after that one...I know ridiculous. Jackson is so cute, glad you all are doing well.

love ya
Shauna C.